- 1. All employees of TSB to fully see things from our customers' perspective
- Knowing our customers well is critical in finding financial solutions for our customers. By having our employees fully see things from our customers' perspective and consider matters from our customers' position, we will make efforts to accurately know our customers.
2. Fully share in our customers' challenges
- By knowing our customers well and consulting with them through their point of view, we will share in the challenges faced by our customers at present and in the future, and make efforts to work together with them toward finding financial solutions for their future.
- 3. As their trusted advisor, come up with solutions to our customers' challenges
- As our customers' trusted advisor, we will come up with financial solutions based on full understanding of challenges faced by our customers, and explain to them regarding the positive outcomes that can be expected from these financial solutions. If our customers so wish, we will offer wealth management and financial instrument products/services that would assist in overcoming their challenges. We will explain to our customers the fees associated with these products/services in an easy-to-understand manner.
4. Provide ongoing support as our customers' "trusted advisor"
- Challenges faced by our customers change based on changes in the external environment and varying life stages. As their trusted advisor, we will be in close communication with our customers and provide ongoing support by offering advice and information in a timely manner as these changes occur.
- 5. Honor our fiduciary duty and develop trusted advisors on an ongoing basis
- TSB's goal is to enable our customers to achieve success and security. Instead of offering financial instruments for its own sake, we will offer them as part of the process toward our customers reaching their goals, and explain as such to our customers.
- All of TSB's employees will fully see things from our customers' perspective and serve as a unified force in "giving perspective to our customers' lives."
- In order to develop, on an ongoing basis, professionals who would honor our fiduciary duty, we will amend the relevant internal systems and make efforts in professional development and motivation enhancement.
- 1. To have all employees of TSB see things from our customers' perspective
- TSB will not offer a wealth management or loan product/service for its own sake. In order to break away from this practice, we need to fully ascertain what is appropriate for our customers based on their needs. In other words, we need to enhance our ability to "know our customers." To that end, we will offer training programs to our employees on an ongoing basis to improve their listening skills.
- By revising the format of and procedures related to our customer survey and raising our survey response rate to more than 80%, our Retail Banking Division (RBD) will create an optimal environment in which our employees can learn to see things from our customers' perspective.
2. To share in our customers' challenges
- In order to improve our interaction with our customers, we will implement the rapid cycle PDCA process. Especially for employees who have direct interaction with our customers, we will obligate them to come up with one plan (i.e., "P" of "PDCA") per week and motivate them to communicate with our customers in a way that would lead to financial solutions.
- As one of the key performance indicators (KPI) for RBD, the focus would be placed on the number of consultation sessions conducted per each employee, thereby motivating our employees to communicate frequently with our customers.
- When consulting our customers, we will make efforts to clarify and share in our customers' challenges by enabling them to visualize the management of their wealth in a comprehensive manner through asset allocation tools and by analyzing lifetime cash flow through simulations.
- 3. To come up with financial solutions and become our customers' trusted advisor
- By developing compact branches that are readily accessible, we will create an environment in which customers can feel free to consult with us. Furthermore, we will put in place a video conferencing system in these compact branches that would enable consultation with specialists at the headquarters of TSB, thus offering financial solutions to our customers' challenges based on various information. We will also upgrade our online banking system so that it would be easy to use and view, as well as secure for our customers.
4. To provide ongoing support as our customers' trusted advisor
- Under the key concept of serving as the "trusted advisor who gives perspective to our customers' lives," we will strive toward the goal of providing a lifetime financial outlook for our customers, and consult with our customers on an ongoing basis to reach this goal.
- 5. To honor our fiduciary duty and develop trusted advisors on an ongoing basis
- In order to motivate each of our division/department to honor our fiduciary duty, we will implement a performance evaluation system under which the focus is placed on engaging in relationship building activities with our customers for the mid- to long-term rather than on a single year's financial performance.
- We will implement a new performance evaluation system in which performance is measured based on motivation, skills, and right way of thinking, the three qualities which are considered essential for trusted advisors.