Services Available for Foreign Customers
As a close to foreign customers, Tokyo Star Bank provides constant support so that you can enjoy your life in Japan for the long term.
Consultation by Phone
Tokyo Star Bank's Dedicated Help Desk for Foreigners
Video consultation in foreign language (English, Chinese) available at all branches!
- ※Weekdays 9:00-17:00
Disclosure of Individual Number ("My Number")
The following transactions are subject to the "My Number System" and require you to disclose your My Number: savings transactions; mutual fund transactions; tax-exempt transactions ("maruyu"); transactions for accumulating wealth (including through pensions and home purchases); foreign wire transfers to/from overseas. As such, we ask for your understanding and cooperation in this regard.
Videos about services available to foreign nationals currently on air!
Features of Tokyo Star Bank
- *Some services are unavailable to non-residents of Japan. For details, please contact the dedicated help desk for foreigners.
Tokyo Star Bank is a Subsidiary of CTBC Bank, Taiwan's Mega-Bank
Our relationship with CTBC Bank helps us meet the diverse needs of our customers.
Our shareholder CTBC Bank (official name: CTBC Bank Co., Ltd.) is Taiwan's largest private bank and the primary subsidiary of CTBC Financial Holding, a major financial group in Taiwan. Operating globally through its worldwide network, the bank continues to achieve tremendous growth.
As your "trusted advisor," we will assist you and your family in planning your future.
Tokyo Star Bank's "Star One (Savings) Account" offers a variety of services to accountholders.
We offer a variety of products to non-permanent residents including mortgages and savings products.
Our "financial lounges" provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere where customers will be assisted inside a private consultation booth.
Accessible via your PC or smart phone. And, you will save on fees!
- *Internet banking will be in the Japanese language.
You can use the ATMs nationwide including in convenience stores virtually for free (up to eight times/month)!
Home mortgage (for Non-Permanent Residents)
Available to foreigners without permanent residency
Mortgage applications will be subject to our prescribed screening.
Prescribed administrative fees will be charged.
In addition, costs such as registration fees and revenue stamp fees will be charged for the actual costs.
Please see our product description for details.
This is a general home mortgage not linked to any deposit account.
The mortgage amount is determined based on our screening, and we may, subject to results of our prescribed screening, offer a more favorable interest rate in the case that permanent residency is obtained during the loan period.
- ※While translated materials in some languages are available, all transactions related to this housing loan are based only on the contracts and descriptions in Japanese as a general rule. Please note that the contracts and descriptions in foreign languages are translated materials that have been prepared for reference purposes only.
For Individual Consultations and Telephone Inquiries (in Japanese only)
9:00-19:00 on weekdays/9:00-17:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- *For inquiries in foreign language (Chinese/English), please directly contact the dedicated help desk.
'Tokyo Lucky Star' Star Real-Estate Investment Loan (for Non-Residents of Japan)
A real-estate investment loan for non-residents of Japan* to purchase Japanese real estate
*This is a real-estate investment loan making it easier for non-residents of Japan to purchase Japanese properties.
※The loan is available to non-residents of Japan who meet all of the following requirements:
- Holder of a Chinese (or Taiwanese) passport
- Resident of Taiwan
- Person who is a resident of Taiwan for tax purposes, not regarded as a resident of any other country or region, and is able to submit official proof of their income
- ※Note: For information on other terms and conditions, please refer to the 'Tokyo Lucky Star' Star Real-Estate Investment Loan Guide.
- ※Depending on your residence status in Japan, certain services are not available. For details, please contact us on the dedicated telephone number